AAA Recycling and Trash Removal provides trash and recycling services for the Newbridge community. AAA Recycling and Trash Removal Services maintains its position as a pillar of the Northern Virginia business community by providing excellent service and investing in great people and technology.
Trash removal: Monday and Thursday
Recycling collection: Thursday
Large item pick-up: Thursday. Please call AAA in advance at (703) 818-8222 to arrange for this (small furniture, mattresses, bed frames)
Holiday Trash Pickup: AAA Residential trash/recycling collection may be impacted due to holidays such as Memorial Day, Labor Day, and Thanksgiving Day. Trash and recycling will be picked up on the next scheduled pick-up day. So, for example, there will be no trash pick-up on Memorial Day–trash will be picked up on Thursday only that week.
Newbridge residents are expected to keep a 64-gallon or 96-gallon toter with LID CLOSED for trash pickup. Residents are provided with two AAA yellow recycling bins.
You are encouraged to write the house number on your recycle bin should you need to identify it in the future.
Please note the following requirements concerning trash removal services:
- Trash must be properly secured in plastic bags, standard trash cans, or wheeled carts. DO NOT PUT OUT TRASH BAGS UNLESS THEY ARE IN A SEALED CONTAINER.
- Trash bags and containers shall not exceed 50 pounds in weight per bag or container.
- Trash should not be put out until the night before pickup or the Board may request its removal. Owners must remove emptied trashcans by the morning following pick-up.
- Owners/residents should not leave trash on the grass but as close to the curb as possible without blocking sidewalks or the roadway.
- Yard waste may be put in heavy duty trash bags. For large amounts of yard debris you must arrange with AAA for a special pickup.
If you have a large amount of trash (e.g. couch or chairs), call AAA and arrange for this free service. Any resident who wishes to dispose of an appliance must first call AAA before placing the appliance at the curb. The day for removal of large items is Thursday.
AAA will pick up construction debris and other items for a nominal fee. Call the company for details.
AAA’s recycling program includes the collection of scrap metal (foil, pie tins, trays, pots and pans, small car parts, grills, bicycles, swings, etc.), newspapers, mixed paper, cardboard, paperboard, glass bottles and jars, metal and aluminum cans and plastic bottles. Each Thursday, AAA will remove recyclable materials that have been placed at the curb for collection.
Please note the following requirements concerning recycling collection services:
- Newspapers and magazines should be bundled and placed in paper grocery bags or tied with heavy twine.
- Glass, plastic, aluminum and metal, food/beverage containers should be rinsed and placed in bags, cardboard boxes, or recycling bins.
- Recyclables must be placed at the curbside and/or designated area by 7 a.m. for collection.
- Recyclable materials can be co-mingled.